Quote from Harmonics

Harmonics,

by Harriet Kofalk


Peace Place, Eugene, Oregon  © 1993


Harriet spoke at the Center back in 1993 after participating as a Brahma Kumari delegate at the Parliament of the World's Religions in Chicago, Illinois in August and September of that same year.

Here's the first poem in her book, Harmonics:


First
I thank the Source
of all life
for this life's meaning
then I can begin

first 
I create the space
in which to grow
into new dimensions
then I can move there

first
I envision the garden
full of rainbows
and scents of nectar
then I can plant them

first
I touch my heartstrings
and feel its resonance
with the harmonics of all beings
then I can share love

first
I hear the bird sing
filling the garden
with melodies beyond my ears
then I can appreciate life's music

first
I taste the morning light
with which to create
food for my soul
then I can cook