Quote from "Angelus Silesius: The Cherubinic Wanderer"






       Beatitude Depends on You

Oh man, beatitude is placed within your hands,

if only you submit, and freely give consent.




       To Be Nothing and Want Nothing

Oh man, as long as you exist, know, have, and cherish,

you have not been delivered, believe me, of your burden. God is the purest naught, untouched by time and space



       
       One Cannot Grasp God
God is the purest naught, untouched by time and space
The more you reach for Him, the more He will escape.

      One Can Love Without Knowing

I love one single thing, it is to me unknown;

and since I know it not, I choose it for my own.
 
      Anxiety Comes from You
It is but you alone that moves and is the wheel,
Running all by itself and never standing still.



       The Blessed No–Thing

I am a blessed thing, could I a no–thing be,

stranger to all that is, for nobody to see.




       Time's Like Eternity

Time's like eternity, eternity like time,

unless you do yourself between them draw a line.
 
      One Must Be Essence
To love is difficult, for loving’s not enough.
Like God we must ourselves become that very love.



       Totally Divinized

Who is as he were naught and never had been aught,

he, O Beatitude, has wholly become God.




       The Godhead is a Naught

The tender godhead is a naught and more than naught;

whom nothing sees in all, believe me, he sees God.




Angelus Silesius: The Cherubinic Wanderer,   selections from pages 40-44