Quote from Turning Toward the Mystery

Turning Toward the Mystery: A Seeker's Journey

by Stephen Levine 

HarperCollins Publishers, New York, New York     ©  2002   272 pp.


"The cultivation of loving-kindness made it increasingly clear that I could not let go of anything I did not accept.

Forgiveness finishes unfinished business.  I ask the forgiveness of anyone or anything that I may have caused pain, intentionally or otherwise.

Forgiveness was essential to the uncovering of my original nature. It was a primary letting go of the hindrances to seeing, such as identification with self-congratulating pride and shaming self-judgment.

To let myself be forgiven was like sandblasting away my armor.

Somedays it exposed the heart for hours. Sometimes it didn't last to the end of the sitting.  Sometimes I felt like I was wrestling with alligators. Sometimes I was eaten alive in identification with the wound, trying too hard or not hard enough."   (p. 94)



To visit the blog and see more reviews and quotes from books in the collection of Center for Sacred Sciences' Library click here https://centerforsacredscienceslibrary.blogspot.com