Nobody Son of Nobody: Poems of Shaikh Abu Saeed Abil Kheir

Abu Sa'id, renditions by Vraje Abramian

Hohm Press, Prescot, Arizona, 2001. 75 pages.

Beloved, show me the way out of this prison. 
Make me needless of both worlds. 
Pray, erase from this mind all 
that is not you. 

Have mercy Beloved, 
though I am nothing but forgetfulness, 
You are the essence of forgiveness. 
Make me needless of all but You. 
         -- page 3

Woe to me,
how can I blame the enemy
since I set fire to my own house?
I have no enemy but this wretched self.
Woe to me and my enemy self!
Woe to me.
        -- page 35

The Beloved is always true.
Whenever you become true
you will find Him.
When you become His in truth
and sincerity,
you will see, He always was yours!
        -- page 70

If you are a Lover,
worry about none and own nothing
Rejoice in the promise of the Beloved that in this
world, and the next, you have naught but Him.
        -- page 71

Quote submitted by Jennifer Knight

To visit the blog and see more reviews and quotes from books in the collection of Center for Sacred Sciences' Library, click here https://centerforsacredscienceslibrary.blogspot.com