Quotes from Road to the Heart-Poems


Road to the Heart: Poems

Frithjof Schuon

World Wisdom, Bloomington, Indiana, 1995. 108 pages.


KNOWLEDGE

There are things we do know and others not;
Knowledge of space and time I do not miss.
Maybe I do not know what people are
Or what I am; I know that Being is.
      page 35


TELL ME

Tell me why thou hast loved the mountain top,
Its serene silence and its purity,
And I will tell thee that our spirit's rest
Is solitude with God; serenity
Above the noise of thoughts. And tell me why
Thou lov'est the secret of the whispering wood,
Its sacredness and dark security,
And I will tell thee that our lasting joy
Is union, love within our deepest heart,
Diving into our being's Mystery;
Union with what I am, and what thou art.
     page 59



Review submitted by Jennifer Knight

To visit the blog and see more reviews and quotes from books in the collection of Center for Sacred Sciences' Library, click here https://centerforsacredscienceslibrary.blogspot.com